- This event has passed.
Transformative Vertical Flight 2022
The Transformative Vertical Flight 2022 meeting will take place Jan. 25-27, 2022 in San Jose, California, with our eVTOL Short Course planned for Monday, Jan. 24 and an “air taxi” aircraft display on Friday, Jan. 28. The jam-packed meeting includes the following events:
Aeromechanics for Advanced Vertical Flight provides a forum for technical paper presentations on emerging aeromechanics challenges and solution methods for future vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, encompassing dynamics, aerodynamics, acoustics and flight mechanics.
- Acoustics, dynamics and handling qualities
- Advanced high-speed rotorcraft
- Rotor design, optimization and testing
- Flow control
- Fast CFD simulations, wakes and airfoils
- Modeling of propulsion systems
- CFD analysis
- Mars exploration
- Rotor optimization
- Design, Analysis, and Multi-fidelity Modeling
- Batteries and Electric Propulsion Concepts
- Flight Dynamics and Handling Qualities
Urban Air Mobility
- Weather Solutions for Urban Operations
- Comprehensive and Aeromechanics Analysis
- Handling Qualities
- Conceptual Design
9th Annual Electric VTOL Symposium includes invited presentations from leaders in this exciting field. This event is an excellent opportunity to learn about and discuss the latest advancements in eVTOL, and the challenges that still remain. Invited presentations from all areas of eVTOL will be discussed, from researchers and leaders in academia, industry and government agencies from around the globe. The Vertical Flight Society has been leading efforts in electric VTOL since 2014 and has a dedicated website on Electric VTOL News.