EASA – European Union Aviation Safety Agency has published Amendment 28 to CS-25.
The objective of this Decision is to reflect the state of the art of large aeroplane certification based on information gathered from in-service occurrences and certification projects.
This Decision amends the Certification Specifications and Acceptable Means of Compliance for Large Aeroplanes (CS-25) in order to:
1. provide consolidated specifications, guidance and acceptable means of compliance related to survivability after ditching (i.e. emergency landing on water);
2. improve the specifications, guidance and acceptable means of compliance applicable to installed systems and equipment for use by the flight crew;
It contains various amendments dealing with the following topics:
– development assurance
– performance and handling characteristics in icing conditions
– brakes and braking systems certification tests and analysis
– oxygen equipment and supply
– the maximum period during which the air conditioning is off and
– cabin crew portable oxygen equipment;
The full regulatory package is available here: ED Decision 2023/021/R – CS-25 Amendment 28 | EASA (europa.eu)