Become a volunteer aviation ambassador
The aviation ambassador role is a voluntary role that helps meet the goals of the Generation Aviation programme.
This programme sees the UK government, industry and others, including the aviation ambassadors, work to help build an aviation workforce fit for the future, attract diverse and talented people and prepare for new technologies.
Our aviation ambassadors play an important role in championing the sector, inspiring the next generation of aviation professionals, and acting as role models for prospective aviation workers from all backgrounds.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to share your skills and experience, particularly with young people and underrepresented groups, to highlight the wide range of opportunities available in aviation. There are 10 volunteer positions available.
As part of your role, we’ll ask you to help:
- promote aviation as an exciting and accessible career
- support efforts to champion diversity, accessibility and social mobility
- the Aviation Skills team in the Department for Transport (DfT) to develop, test and promote policies and initiatives that tackle barriers to aviation careers
You could become involved in:
- presentations and keynote speeches
- aviation events
- outreach at schools, colleges or universities
- writing blogs and articles to share the exciting opportunities that the aviation sector has offered you
- using social media to raise the profile of aviation careers
- working with stakeholders to identify and understand the issues and trends of the sector to better understand the barriers to entering a career within the aviation sector, and the barriers for access and progression within the sector