ED Decision 2022/021/R
IFA Comment: Rather important for the coming year
AMC and GM to Part 21 — Issue 2, Amendment 14
The objective of this Decision is to facilitate the implementation of the safety management system (SMS) and occurrence-reporting (OR) requirements that were introduced into Annex I (Part 21) to Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2022/203 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2022/201, based on the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 19 Standards and recommended Practices (SARPs) in the initial airworthiness domain (design and production).
This Decision amends the Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) to Part 21 in respect of the following topics:
- production management systems and design management systems, including text correction and improvement as well as update of references;
- changes to the production management system or design management system; — resources;
- production organisation exposition (POE)/handbook;
- findings, corrective action, and observations;
- alternative means of compliance (AltMoC);
- record-keeping; and
- reporting systems.
Note: This Decision does not issue all the AMC and GM that have been prepared under this Rulemaking Task (RMT).0251 to facilitate the implementation of the new Part 21 SMS and OR requirements. The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) decided to issue the AMC and GM that are related to the topics listed above, to support stakeholders, as the applicability date of Delegated Regulation (EU) 2022/201 and Implementing Regulation (EU) 2022/203 is approaching. The remaining AMC and GM will be issued by another decision in 2023/Q2.